Oppo A3s was launched in July 2018.The device is an Android 8.1 Oreo with ColorOS skin. It uses 4G/LTE network for its functionality. Oppo A3s has a 6.2 inch screen with an aspect ratio of 19:9. It also has a resolution of 720 by 1520 pixels. This ensures an all round superior view. The phone’s camera is 13mega pixels and 2 mega pixels at the back and 8 mega pixels at the front. Its processor is Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450. Oppo A3s has a 2GB RAM with a 16GB internal storage that can be expanded by use of a memory card. It has a speed of HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE(2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps. The battery is 4230mAh and it is non-removable.
Oppo A3s has a dimension of 156.2 by 75.6 by 8.2mm and a weight of 168grams. The phone has a protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The CPU is Octa-core 1.8GHz Cortex-A53 and a GPU of Adrieno 506. Its communication networks are WIFI, Bluetooth, GPS, Radio and USB with a microUSB of 2.0. The sensory features include accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass. It is fast charging and is available in red and dark purple colours. Oppo A3s starting price is Rs8390 and is also known as Oppo CPH1803 in India.
This article focuses on the common issues and problems of Oppo A3s and their possible solutions and fixes.
OPPO A3s phone camera freezes or crashes
- You can close the camera app by forcing exit if the screen is black.
- Click the recent task section, get the camera application and close it by swiping up.
- You can also try restarting the phone by long pressing the power button.
- Clear any excess data and all cache in the camera app. Go to settings –> App management –> App list –> Camera –> storage usage –> clear data –> clear cache
- If the camera is part of a third party app, then you can uninstall the app or grant the application permission to gain access to the camera so that it opens. Long press the third party app icon -> App info -> Permission -> Camera -> Allow
- The phone’s software may need updating in order for the problem to be fixed. Ensure you have WIFI available and ON on your device. Go to settings – software updates then update it to the most recent version.
- Lastly, you may need to ‘factory reset’ your phone. This entails going to Settings – Additional settings – reset to factory settings – Erase all data.
Poor WIFI network connectivity on Oppo A3s
- The first solution is to ensure you are on a strong WIFI area and your WIFI switch is ON. Slide screen down and tap on the WIFI key until it shows green.
- Ensure that the WIFI router is functional and its strength is great on the phone. You can confirm this by using a different device to connect to WIFI network
- Check that the WIFI password details are correct and has been accepted by the phone for connectivity. Enter the correct password and choose ‘Connect’
- Restart the phone by long pressing the power and volume decrease button
- Ensure that you are not more than two metres away from the WIFI source or within the designated WIFI area.
- Update the WIFI settings for the phone. This entails going to Settings – App Management – click on ALL then update the settings.
Oppo A3s Apps such as Youtube, Facebook suddenly stop working
- Reboot the phone by long pressing the power button. Two options will appear, reboot or switch off option. Click on the reboot and wait for the phone to start.
- Update the apps. Click on the specific app with an issue, go to settings and click on update so that the latest updates are added.
- Check to ensure that the app is not disabled, in case it is, then re-enable the specific app with an issue.
- Uninstall the application and download it again from Play Store in order to fix the problem.
Slow charging and fast battery drainage of Oppo A3s
- Make sure you turn off all unused notifications as they may be a reason. Swipe the screen down and turn off any notification that may not be currently in use by clicking on it.
- Only use the original charger or one that is authorized when charging your device.
- Decrease brightness level on the screen and only use a level that is recommended.
- Delete any third party apps as they usually drain the battery or disable them by turning your phone into safe mode.
- Update all apps in the phone as the outdated versions quickly drain the battery.
- Ensure that there is no physical damage to the battery, the charging port or the source of power.
Problems with the touch screen of Oppo A3s not working
- Reboot or restart your phone to see if the problem will be fixed.
- Update all apps on your phone or software that are outdated. Click on app name – app management – Update to the latest version.
- Get rid of any dirt, dust or greases on the screen by cleaning it.
- Scan your phone for any threats or viruses that may have attacked the device. The best antivirus software that is also free on Play store is Bitdefender Antivirus. Get rid of all the junk.
- Check the screen carefully to ensure that it is not damaged physically.
- If your device has a screen protector, try removing it and see if the problem is fixed. The screen protector could also be the reason for the issue.
- Delete all excess data and clear cache to see if the problem will be fixed. Go to settings –> storage usage –> clear data –> clear cache,
These are some of the common problems that Oppo A3s may establish while using it. However, it is great to know that there is always a solution once you discover the source of the problem. Oppo A3s is a good and affordable phone that mostly works efficiently.