Huawei Honor Play was launched in August 2018 & it runs on Android 8.1. The Smartphone is accessible in three color choices i.e. Black, Blue, Violet & has an in-built fingerprint sensor as the primary security feature, along with the host of connectivity options in terms of 3G, 4G, GPS, Wifi Bluetooth capabilities. The phone is priced at 19999.
The phone is powered by 2.3 GHz Octa core Hisilicon Kirin 970 Processor. It has 64 GB of internal storage which can be expanded to 256 GB via a microSD card. The Smartphone comes with a large 3750 mAh battery to support the 6.3 inch screen with IPS LCD display screen having a resolution of 1080 x 2340 at 409 ppi.
Honor Play has dual primary camera of 16 + 2 MP megapixel and 16 megapixel front Camera. It also supports Face Detection and high dynamic range(HDR) and AI(Artificial Intelligence) enabled imaging.
Though Honor Play is a upper mid-range oriented smartphone by the company, there is no doubt this phone is good but every phone has some issues. In this article, we will address some common issues with this handset and their solution. So, give it a read!
- Honor Play Lagging or Applications taking too much time to Open
- Some large graphics intensive games and apps such as Youtube can open slowly. If that is the issue, it should be fine.
- If every app is opening slow on your Honor PLAY then you might need to restart your device, so that services can run fresh.
- Lastly, go and wipe your Honor PLAY and start from a new device.
- Game or Application(like Facebook, camera, Instagram, PUBG) Crashes or Unexpectedly Closes in the middle in Honor Play
- Go to Settings > Apps , then choose the app which is crashing frequently and clear its cache.
- Uninstall the application and download and install it again from the play store.
- Update the app from the play store.
- Honor Play Touch not working sometimes (Mostly while receiving calls)
- If you encounter this issue then this might be due to heating. Check if the phone temperature is rising up to the maximum level.
- Lastly, you can do a factory reset on your Honor PLAY Device. Before Doing Factory Reset please backup your data manually.
- Apps not downloading from the play store in Honor Play
This is the most common issue among all Android users irrespective of the handset they use.
- Go to settings on the Huawei Honor Play and clear app data of the app Play Store.
- Clear the local search history from the Play store application. Check if the Play store app is updated and try again to download the app.
- Screen Stuck or Frozen in Honor Play
If your phone is stuck while making a call, playing games, online streaming then try the following:
- If you are streaming some video online, check if the format is supported in your phone. Try with some other format and that should work fine.
- If you are getting stuck on the default apps on Honor Play such as Phone, Messaging or the camera app, go to Setting > Apps > Default Apps , choose the app you are getting issues with and clear the cache/data.
- If anything else do not work, a factory reset or phone format could help you solve the problem.
- Mobile Network not working properly or Internet working slowly in Honor Play
For data network issue, try the following:
- Go to Network type by Settings>More>Cellular Networks>Preferred Network type. Select LTE and save settings.
- Turn Airplane mode ON and then OFF.
- Reset APN settings by Settings > More > Cellular networks > Access Point Names > Tap Menu > Reset to default .
- Reset Network Settings by Settings > Backup & reset > Network settings reset>Reset Settings.
- Remove the SIM card from your Device and put it back again.
- Honor Play Screen Hangs on Logo
This might be due to some problem with the OS. Perform a factory reset via recovery and restore the system software on the phone. Please make sure you have charged your phone before performing below steps and also have removed the sim card. To solve this, follow these steps:
- Hold the power button to switch off the handset.
- Once the handset is switched off, press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power key for a couple of seconds.
- Release held keys when the Logo appears on the screen and the phone will start in the recovery mode.
- Select from Recovery Mode menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate up and down and Power button to confirm your selection.
- Then Choose this option "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm the factory reset.
- At last select this option "reboot system now" to restart your phone.
This Issues are very common in All Devices. Honor Play is worth buying at this price range.
If you glance through the specification sheet you can easily figure out why Huawei Honor Play is the best phone you can buy in its price segment. It has 4GB of RAM, compared to the Honor View 10's 6GB and the 8GB packed into the OnePlus 6 which makes it a better gaming phone with no lagging problem. This also has a unique feature called GPU Turbo, which optimizes the device's software. It also runs an upgraded version of Honor's EMUI layered on top of Android 8.1 Oreo, which enables the Huawei Kirin 970 processor to enhance graphics processing and extend the battery life. And you can get all these at a comparable price of 19999.
Products Recommended for Honor Play:
- Infinity (JBL) Glide 120, in Ear Wireless Earphones with Mic - Best and Affordable Wireless Earphone which comes with 7 hours of playtime. It also supports Dual equalizer that helps you switch between normal music mode and deep bass mode effortlessly. Its best suited for people who enjoy listening to music for longer durations.
- CROSSBEATS Pebble True Wireless in-Ear Earbuds Earphones with Mic - Crossbeats Pebble True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds comes to your rescue when you want to turn your head the way you want. It comes with Type C Fast Charging which charges your earbuds within 60 minutes. It also provides enhanced Bass so real that makes every track a better experience.